Posted on December 16, 2013
Are you ready for an exciting career working at major airports and private airfields across the country? By earning your Aviation Maintenance Technology AAS Degree, you open the door to more options and competitive advantages upon graduation and throughout your career. Plus, the degree only requires an additional 24 general education hours on top of the Airframe and Powerplant Technician diploma program.
At MIAT, our aviation training focuses on teaching students the advanced precision skills necessary to become FAA Certificated Airframe and Powerplant Technicians. With the strong foundations that we provide, our graduates are prepared to start their exciting careers immediately.
Here are just a few of more than 40 precision technical skills MIAT graduates master during their training:
- Gear systems and operation
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Composite structure fabrication
- High performance piston and turbine engines
- Avionics and advanced electrical systems
- Plus dozens more!
Why earn your AAS Degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology?
- An aviation maintenance degree will give you a competitive advantage in securing an entry-level position by possessing more than the position’s minimum requirements.
- MIAT’s research through Program Advisory Committee Members from aviation employers shows that they will often consider advanced educational credentials when promoting from within their organizations.
- Employers who answered surveys from the MIAT Career Services Department stated they are looking for applicants who possess critical communication, problem solving, and analytical skills that can be acquired by completing a college degree.
Credits earned by graduates of the MIAT Airframe and Powerplant Diploma or Certificate Programs will transfer toward the AAS Degree upon acceptance into the program.
Don’t delay! Contact MIAT today to find out more about the opportunities waiting for you in our Aviation Maintenance Technology program!
Learn more about:
Aviation Technology Programs at MIAT
Getting Your Airframe & Powerplant License
Becoming an Aviation Maintenance Technician
Aviation Maintenance Technicians
Aviation Maintenance Toolbox
Aviation Maintenance Safety Tips
Pursuing an Aviation Maintenance Degree