Financial Aid OverviewMIAT understands the stress that paying for college can create. That’s why we connect our students with financial aid options so you can focus on what matters: getting hands-on training from technology experts. The goal of the Financial Aid Department at MIAT College of Technology is to assist eligible students in applying for and receiving financial assistance. Financial aid is available to those who qualify. All financial aid paperwork must be submitted to the Financial Aid Department prior to class start (unless an extension is granted by the Financial Aid Department) or the student may be placed on a cash payment plan. The Financial Aid Department can provide the following information:
- Available financial assistance including information on all federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs
- The deadline for submitting applications for financial aid programs that are available
- Details regarding cost of attendance and refund policy
- The criteria used to select financial aid recipients
- The formula to determine financial need
- The resources considered in calculation of need
- The amount of financial need that is met
Special circumstances can affect a student’s financial aid situation, including a change in family circumstances, traumatic events, or reductions in income that may occur while the student is enrolled at MIAT. This may result in the need to clarify the student’s situation with the Financial Aid office.
A financial aid professional may exercise professional judgement to account for circumstances that he/she feels have not been adequately considered in the original FAFSA. In addition, a financial aid professional may increase the “Cost of Attendance” to account for extraordinary expenses a student might acquire while attending MIAT.Conditions that may merit professional judgment:
- Special circumstances
- Cost of attendance increase
- Dependency status appeal
A request for Professional Judgment (Special Circumstances) consideration does not guarantee the receipt of new or additional financial aid. For more information, please contact your campus financial aid office.