Student Housing Assistance
Housing Resources While You Attend MIAT
Both MIAT’s Canton, Michigan, and Houston, Texas, campuses work with Collegiate Housing Services (CHS) to help students secure housing while they complete their training. A variety of housing services are available through CHS, including shared and referral housing. Learn more below.
Click HERE for Canton, MI, housing assistance.
Click HERE for Houston, TX, housing assistance.
The CHS shared housing program helps connect students with full-size apartments that are typically within 10 miles of campus. Each student signs an individual lease, which means their prices won’t be affected by roommates.
Monthly housing payments include:
- Apartment rent
- Basic utilities
- Roommate matching
Typically, these arrangements accommodate four students in a two-bedroom apartment. Certain arrangements offer private rooms or options for those 21 and older. If you’re relocating to a new area by yourself, don’t mind sharing space, and are looking for an individual lease, this is a great option.
If you’d like to live on your own or with a group of friends and manage the rent among yourselves, you could consider referral housing.
CHS provides a list of pre-screened apartments near campus. Students on this plan are responsible for their own roommates, rent payment, furniture and utilities.
This option tends to be more expensive and may require good credit or a cosigner. If you’re looking for a private apartment, are relocating with family, pets or children, and are comfortable handling the finances, this is an option to consider.
Ready to get the housing process started? Use the information below to contact the campus of your interest. A representative will be able to help you identify opportunities and guide you in making the best decision for you.
- CHS Director of Housing for the MIAT Canton Campus: Kaitlyn Barba Vargas
(317) 524-5348 Office | (248) 308-8645 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHS Director of Housing for MIAT Houston Campus: Carol Houp
(888) 547-7047 | email@example.com
- CHS Housing Representative for MIAT Houston Campus: Chris Poprik
(888) 547-7047 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHS Housing Representative for MIAT Houston Campus: Karen Rushing
(888) 547-7047 | email@example.com
When inquiring about housing, be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is your name and preferred contact method?
- Are you relocating by yourself?
- Are you bringing pets?
- What are you able to pay for monthly rent?
- How do you plan to pay for move-in costs and first month’s rent?
1MIAT is an educational institution and cannot guarantee employment or salary.
2For program outcome information and other disclosures, visit www.miat.edu/disclosures.