Start a Career as a
Aviation Maintenance Technician
Get the Skills to Be an Aviation Maintenance Technician
At MIAT, our aviation maintenance training focuses on teaching students the advanced precision skills necessary to become FAA Certificated Airframe and Powerplant Technicians. With the strong foundations that we provide, our college graduates are prepared to start their exciting careers.
MIAT offers two options for Aviation Maintenance:
- Aviation Maintenance Technology Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree – 24 Months: By earning your Aviation Maintenance Technology AAS Degree, you open the door to more competitive advantages upon graduation and throughout your career.
- Airframe & Powerplant Technician Certificate Program – 20 Months: Combine Airframe and Powerplant Technician training. Aviation Maintenance Technicians (AMT) are well prepared to pursue employment at major airports and private airfields across the country.
Graduates working in this industry have a passion for aviation or technology. These are the people who will always look up in the sky when they hear an airplane engine or enjoy the challenge of taking things apart and putting them back together.
You will receive certifications in the following:
- FlightSafety® International Principles of Troubleshooting
- EEO Respect and Anti-Harassment
- OSHA 10 Hour
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant (examinations administered by FAA designees)
- NCATT Aircraft Electronics Technician (examinations administered on campus by CATS/Comira Testing)
Employers with recent graduate hires:
MIAT College of Technology is proud to work with major employers in the industry. Our employer partnerships provide recommendations to ensure MIAT graduates posses skills that are in high demand. In addition, the partnerships help to keep us up-to-date on the latest trends in the industry.
Graduates can work in:
Our curriculum is developed with aviation maintenance employers who are members of our Program Advisory Committee, which means our courses are tailor-made for success in the aviation maintenance industry. Graduates can work in:
- National & Local Airlines
- Cargo & Business Aviation
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Aircraft Components
- Engine Shops
- Aircraft Manufacturers
- Defense Contractors
- Power Plants
- Oil and Gas
- Elevator Repair
How much does it cost? Can I get Financial Aid?
The cost for each program varies based on length and requirements. MIAT College of Technology is accredited by the ACCSC Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Financial aid comes in the form of government assistance and private sources to help students pay for their education costs. Most students take advantage of more than one type of aid, combining grants, scholarships, and student loans.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Students may qualify for federal aid in the form of subsidized and unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans, PELL Grants and Scholarships. Additional funding options are available to our students as well.
To get the Student Financing & Financial Aid process started, you must:
File a FAFSA. This will be the first step in helping determine if you are eligible for aid. If you need help with your FAFSA form, contact our Financial Aid department at 800-447-1310. We’ll be happy to help.