Start a Career as a
Get the Skills to Be an HVACR Technician
MIAT’s HVACR Technician Program can be completed in as few as nine months. You will be trained on industry safety procedures, tools of the trade, and machine maintenance/repair. The HVACR training curriculum involves classroom lectures and hands-on learning.
- 9 month HVACR technician program: Classes are interactive and led by dedicated instructors with years of experience working directly in the HVACR industry. You’ll get the one-on-one attention and personal support to pick up new skills quickly and the first-hand technical knowledge to feel confident entering the workforce.
The curriculum is designed to provide students with a foundation in HVACR while graduates of this program will gain advanced skills once employed in the field.
You will receive certifications in the following:
- EPA Universal Refrigerant HandlingCertification including Core, Type I, Type II,R410A, and Type III of Federal Clean Air ActSection 608 (EPA examinations administeredby ESCO certified proctor on campus)
- OSHA 10 Hour
- EEO Respect and Anti-Harassment
- ESCO Universal Refrigerant Safety
- NATE® – North American Technician Excellence Certification Core (examinations administered on-campus)
- NATE® – North American Technician Excellence Certification Air Conditioning (examinations administered on-campus)
Employers with recent graduate hires:
MIAT College of Technology is proud to work with major employers in the industry. Our employer partnerships provide recommendations to ensure MIAT graduates posses skills that are in high demand. In addition, the partnerships help to keep us up-to-date on the latest trends in the industry.
Graduates can work in:
Graduate can work in Medical Facilities, Education Institutions, Residential Homes, Multi-Family Complexes, Government Facilities, Industrial Complexes, Stadiums, Casinos, and Refrigerated Warehouses. Graduates work on:
- Heating Systems
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Air Quality
- Rooftop Units
- Low Pressure Boilers
- Air Handlers
- Zoning Systems
- Home Heating & Cooling
- Appliance Repair
- Retail Grocery Refrigeration
- Restaurant Equipment
- Food Service Cooling Systems
- Agricultural Systems
- Refrigerated Warehouses
- Dairy Processing Systems
How much does it cost? Can I get Financial Aid?
The cost for each program varies based on length and requirements. MIAT College of Technology is accredited by the ACCSC Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Financial aid comes in the form of government assistance and private sources to help students pay for their education costs. Most students take advantage of more than one type of aid, combining grants, scholarships, and student loans.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Students may qualify for federal aid in the form of subsidized and unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans, PELL Grants and Scholarships. Additional funding options are available to our students as well.
To get the Student Financing & Financial Aid process started, you must:
File a FAFSA. This will be the first step in helping determine if you are eligible for aid. If you need help with your FAFSA form, contact our Financial Aid department at 800-447-1310. We’ll be happy to help.