Start a Career as a
Get the Skills to Be a Electro-Mechanical Technician
The Electro-Mechanical Technology programs from MIAT College of Technology provide the practical experience and industry support it takes to pursue a rewarding technical career. MIAT College of Technology offers two options:
- 18 Month Electro-Mechanical Technology Associate’s Degree in Applied Sciences – By earning your Electro-Mechanical Technology AAS Degree, you open the door to more competitive advantages upon graduation and throughout your career.
- 12 Month Electro-Mechanical Technician Certificate Program – Electro-Mechanical Technicians are well prepared to meet the needs of many employers and many industries across the country.
As a successful graduate of one of MIAT College of Technology’s electro-mechanical programs, you will be fully prepared for an entry-level career in many different settings. Graduates pursue positions in service, manufacturing, construction, commissioning and sales.
You will receive certifications in the following:
- Computer Structure and Logic Concepts
- Lock-out Tag-out
- Confined Space
- Hazardous Awareness and Operation
- Fire Safety
- OSHA 10 Hours General Industry Certification
- Precision Measuring and Calculation Certification
- OSHA NFPA 70E
- Basic & Advanced Electrical and Electronics Fundamentals
- Basic and Advanced Autonomous System Programming
- Drafting Imaging, and CAD design
- Basic and Advanced Applied Networking
- American Heart Association, First Aid, CPR, and AED Certification
- Programmable Logic Controllers and Instrumentation and Control Applications in Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Fluid Dynamics/Hydraulic & Pneumatic Principles, and Mechanical Systems
- Autonomous Systems, Robotics, CAD, and 3D Prototyping
Employers with recent graduate hires:
MIAT College of Technology is proud to work with major employers in the industry. Our employer partnerships provide recommendations to ensure MIAT graduates posses skills that are in high demand. In addition, the partnerships help to keep us up-to-date on the latest trends in the industry.
Graduates can work in:
Electro-Mechanical Technology degree and certificate programs graduates can find exciting careers as Research and Development Technicians, Electro-Mechanical Technicians, Industrial Automation Technicians, Engineering Technicians, Robotics Technicians, Field Service Technicians and many other fields. Job titles include:
- Electro-Mechanical Technician
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Electrical and Electronics Installer / Repairer
- Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Machinery Maintenance Worker
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technician
- Industrial Engineering Technician
- Telecommunications Equipment Installer / Repairer
How much does it cost? Can I get Financial Aid?
The cost for each program varies based on length and requirements. MIAT College of Technology is accredited by the ACCSC Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Financial aid comes in the form of government assistance and private sources to help students pay for their education costs. Most students take advantage of more than one type of aid, combining grants, scholarships, and student loans.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify. Students may qualify for federal aid in the form of subsidized and unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans, PELL Grants and Scholarships. Additional funding options are available to our students as well.
To get the Student Financing & Financial Aid process started, you must:
File a FAFSA. This will be the first step in helping determine if you are eligible for aid. If you need help with your FAFSA form, contact our Financial Aid department at 800-447-1310. We’ll be happy to help.